Combining advocacy and a free compendium of all the amazing public art and artists in Georgia.
Show your support by taking the advocacy action today.
The app is 100% free. Artists, curators and collectors can include up to 100 pieces for free. No payment information collected.
What’s this all about?
If you are in Georgia (ETChster’s home), you may have seen the buzz around the internet about the GA Public Art Finder, an app for finding public art in your surroundings and learning more about each piece and its creator.
The project is a collaboration between ArtsGeorgia, an advocacy group, and ETChster, who provided the tools for artists to reach more art collectors. In addition to providing a real-time map of public art in Georgia, the app will always contain an activity that the general public can complete to support the arts in Georgia.
The current activity is emailing Governor Kemp to request an increase in the state arts budget, which historically hovers among the lowest in the country, sometimes ranking the state as low as 49th overall.
The hashtag for this initiative is #gapublicartfinder
Likes, shares, & mentions are greatly appreciated! The logo and infographic are free to use.
Who can include work in the app?
The app is available to all artists, collectors and curators for the inclusion of public work. Work may be on display in any public location including murals, parks, galleries, museums, coffee shops, restaurants and more. Arts-oriented entities may also wish to include their building/facility.
To include artwork, simply follow these steps:
- Create a free account at app.etchster.com (or log in if you already have one).
- Fill out your profile including a name, description and photo.
- Etch each piece you want to include. Be sure to include at least one photo, a name, a description and an address or geo-coordinates. You’ll know you properly tagged the address once you save the etching.
- Once you have all of the pieces you wish to include, simply send an email to email@example.com, and let us know which pieces to include. You’ll typically see them appear in the app within 24 hours.
Add Work to the GA Public Art Finder. 100% free to include up 100 pieces. No payment info required.
How can I support this initiative?
- Suggest that artists in your network include their work.
- Suggest downloading the app in your newsletters and website.
- Write a blog article about the initiative or request a guest blog from ArtsGeorgia.
- Include the map in your website. It’s free and takes less than a minute to embed.
It will look like this:
If you have a suggestion for a future initiative, we would love to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use the Logo and Infographics?” Yes, use of the GA Public Art Finder logo is permitted if linked on the image or by hyperlinked text in the vicinity to this page.
You may also use the infographics related to GA’s national position for funding of the arts.
How Do I Suggest Future Initiatives? ArtsGeorgia and ETChster are very open to feedback regarding possible future initiatives in support of the arts in Georgia.
Keep in mind that initiatives will be packaged in the landing page of the iOS and Android apps, so they should be simple to explain and execute.
Please make suggestions via the main ETChster contact form.
Can I embed the map/app in my own website?
If you are using WordPress or similar, you’ll want to switch the page editor on the page where you want the map to live from “Visual” to “Text.”
Then paste this block:
<p align=”center”><iframe style=”border: 0px #ffffff none;” src=”https://app.etchster.com/georgia_public_art_embed” name=”myiFrame” width=”800px” height=”700px” frameborder=”1″ marginwidth=”0px” marginheight=”0px” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe></p>
Don’t forget to save.
It’s that easy!
How Do I Include Public Art I Created or Curate? Adding public art to the app is simple. The steps are:
- Create an ETChster profile. The free version allows you to manage up to 100 objects and no payment info is required.
- You’ll want to sign up with an email address that can receive contact form submissions on the items you submit. Your email address will not be publicly visible.
- If you are a brand, entity, etc, consider using a logo or photo of your location as your profile photo and making your “Commercial Name” your brand name. See ETChster.com/Augusta-Arts
- Etch each object you wish to include. At a minimum, you should include:
- A photo
- A description
- An address that Google recognizes
- Submit the ETC #s of works to be included to admin (at) etchster.com
You’ll typically see your etchings appear within the app within 24 hours.
You can find these instructions within the apps. There is also a feature to invite friends to include works.
Is There a Cost to Participate? The GA Public Art Finder is free to download in both the iOS and Android app stores.
You may also embed the GA Public Art Finder in your own site for free.
You may include work that you either created or currently curate for free as well.
If you would like to sponsor the GA Public Art Finder, please use the main ETChster contact form.
If You Support This Initiative, Consider Sharing.
- Have follow-up questions?
- Have other related thoughts that might be beneficial to the community?
Post them in the comments!
Are You a Visual Artist?
You’ll find a supportive community and amazing tools for connecting your story and marketing your creations globally.
Are You an Art Collector?
You’ll have access to a marketplace of global artists and phenomenal tools to organize your art collection.