Adding video to Etchings is a great way to tell visitors more about a work.
Sometimes text and photos are just what you need to tell an object’s story. Other times, video comes in really handy or might even be the creation itself, like Nathan Sharratt’s tempory exhibit at the Zuckerman Musuem of Art, where the process was the work.
If you don’t already have an account, both offer free and paid plans.
How Do I Add Video to My Etchings?
Adding video to your Etchings is easy…as in…really easy!
Follow these steps:
1. Capture the video and finish any editing needed to get it ready to show your fans.
2. Upload it to your platform of choice and be sure it’s set to public.
3. Find it’s unique page in that platform and grab its ID from the URL.
4. Head over to your Etching and open the “Edit” screen.
5. Find the input for the appropriate video platform.
6. Input the ID.
How Do I Turn This Feature On?
YouTube and Vimeo videos are included on all paid ETChster plans.
Are Videos Required?
No. Videos are not required. If you don’t set a video ID, the video player will not appear on your Etching.
Can I Change Videos?
Yes. If you decide there is a better video out there, simply edit the Etching by changing to the new video ID. Don’t forget to Save.
- Have follow-up questions?
- Have other related thoughts that might be beneficial to the community?
Post them in the comments!
Are You a Visual Artist?
You’ll find a supportive community and amazing tools for connecting your story and marketing your creations globally.
Are You an Art Collector?
You’ll have access to a marketplace of global artists and phenomenal tools to organize your art collection.